Relocating to Central Texas
No matter where you are from, we can all agree that picking up your life and relocating can be daunting, even for the most prepared. Add children, pets, or a deadline to begin your new job and it’s even more complex.
My family lives in Lampasas and I have helped many families find the best home, schools, and commutes with the best access to public parks, waterfront and grocery stores in the Austin, Bertram, Burnet, Cedar Park, Copperas Cove, Georgetown, Jarrell, Kempner, Lakeway, Lampasas, Leander, Liberty Hill, and Marble Falls areas.
Steps to Relocating to Central Texas
- Make a visit! Before you relocate to central Texas, you should visit at least once. We recommend touring the many Lakes to enjoy the waterfront and local establishments, it is the best way to decide if living in these areas is right for you. You can replace the thoughts of relocating with real experience, and we can meet to communicate your needs face-to-face.
- Make a Relocation Plan. After your visit and you decide to make the move, it is time for a Relocation Plan. The timeline and critical decision points should be laid out, your budget for buying or renting a home, the desired neighborhoods, schools and necessary commuting routes, and the location and proximity to friends or family that live in Burnet, Lampasas, Austin, Liberty Hill, Leander areas. I will provide you with a comprehensive list of criteria for you to consider before relocating.
- Find a Home. Finding a home in Central Texas can be extremely challenging and, at times, frustrating. There are many people relocating to Central Texas to join the expanding technology sector such as Apple, Samsung, Google, 3M and many more.
- Find a Job in Austin, Burnet, Lampasas, Liberty Hill, Leander, Cedar Park or surrounding areas. The unemployment rate in Central Texas is currently one of the lowest in the nation, mostly, due to the technology sector. If you are flexible about applying your particular skills, then you will almost certainly find a career before relocating to the area.
- Establish Yourself. Relocating is very rewarding, you will be presented with many new opportunities, friends and associates, but also challenged in ways not expected. Even though you might be consumed by the relocation activities of your move, take some extra time to listen to your new friends, get to know them, and learn from their experiences.
- Make the Most of Your Visit. Visit the Texas State Capitol, enjoy a sunset view of Lake Travis at the world famous Oasis Restaurant. Go to Zilker Park, the County Line or call me for ideas!